The company started as a bespoke furniture manufacturer and along this journey we encountered transport faults that translated in broken pieces of furniture delivered to our customers or unaesthetic signs.
It has never been a problem for us to substitute, refurbish or to send spare parts, so the furniture serves it’s original purpose but this meant precious time and loses for both parties.
So, recently we decided to use our own transport* for our customers but to develop a second segment of the business in providing to anyone interested very specialized furniture transport.
The company is fully insured and technically we hold the knowledge how to deal with your fine pieces of wood that become part of your cosy home and your daily life.
Our goal is to avoid as much as possible any damages to your parcel and to keep our time span promise when you decide to use pour service.
Please note that the displayed price is for a mile distance; for a full quote it needs to be multiplied with the road distance generated by unanimously accepted software/apps/SatNav.
- Unlike sending goods by air transport or other courier services, we do not charge by the package weight and dimensions. We charge an inclusive ‘per delivery’ rate made up of:
- Mileage/diesel costs
- Ferry/ channel tunnel costs
- Tolls (if appropriate), congestion charge, etc
- Additional driver expenses
2. For a local delivery the minimum charge is £30 depending on the size, weight, value of the item.
3. International delivery can be arranged with discussions prior to agreement due to Brexit & Customs rules.
A. WAITING TIME incurred at collection or delivery point is charged at £20 per hour (or proportion of) after the first 15minutes.
B. RETURN JOURNEYS where a Courier is booked to deliver and return with a consignment, the return portion of the journey will be charged at 50% of the mileage rate, assuming that the return journey is urgent and has to be done immediately.
C. MULTIDROP DELIVERIES when multiple delivery addresses are given in one booking, usually within a defined geographical area, then we can supply a driver and van to make the various deliveries (usually 3-5 depending on each delivery size) and this is charged at an hourly rate of £22 per hour.
D. EXTRAORDINARY COSTS such as parking charges incurred whilst waiting, or fees incurred (e.g. for legislation of documents), will be charged in addition.
Wrapping your items is not mandatory, we provide full protective wrapping but deliveries need to be discussed individually.
* (where possible and economically balanced)